July 28, 2009

A Quote From MedScape

"Obstetrics is a surgical specialty. So far, the significant numbers of women now practicing in the field have done little to change the surgical view of birthing women."

I didn't go into OB/Gyne so I definitely didn't help the situation, but I would like to have a discussion about this. The above line is from this article, which mentions an alarming statistic about the rate of maternal death rising.

I'll see if I can get more readers to review this information together. Should be interesting.

2 comments:

Theta Mom said...

I couldn't access the article (I'm not a member of that site). I would be interested to hear why/how in this day and age the rate of maternal death is on the rise. To be continued...

Fall River Furniture Cleaning said...

Great blog post, thanks for sharing.