June 29, 2010

Unclutter My Life, Please


Courtesy of Peter Walsh for Unclutterer.

The past seven years of my life have been spent studying, working, studying, working and recently trying to raise a baby. It is safe to say that in this mix my domestic life suffered. Oh, don't worry about the marriage part, I have the most loving and patient husband ever. I'm talking about cooking, cleaning and just plain having a routine.

You'd think that after nearly 7 years of being married, we'd have some semblance of a routine. But it seems like everytime we've got something under control, things change on us. Take for instance my schedule. Every 1-2 months my job duties and hours change. -THAT is the life of a resident. To make matters even more complicated, a growing boy adds extra variety. One day you can leave him in the bouncy chair while you make lunch, the next he's flipped it over and is trying to crawl.

I realized we needed a set routine the other day when I was running up and down the stairs in only a towel while trying to find baby's shoes & food, and my white coat, and Daddy's phone. I forgot to mention the shades were drawn and we have HUGE front windows, so this must have made for an entertaining show.

In the next week I hope to come up with some organizational tips that will streamline my life, if at all possible. And as I always say, if it works for Resident Mommy, it will probably work for you, too.

No comments: